Are you an injured athlete? Are muscles and bones giving you constant pain, impairing your ability to function daily? Do you have a torn ACL? You've come to the right place. Windward Orthopaedic Group, Inc. is an orthopaedics clinic with two locations in Kaneohe and Kailua.
You should be able to play your sport with as much enthusiasm and effort as you want, without worrying about injury. But the truth is, injury happens to many of the best and ablest athletes. The good news is there are many ways of treating muscle and skeletal injuries.
An orthopedic treatment practitioner has as rigorous medical training as most other doctors, and an orthopedic surgeon has as much training as other surgeons. These masters of orthopedic medicine can assess your musculoskeletal problems and prescribe the best treatment. One thing is for sure:
When you're injured, you must seek treatment. And soon enough, you'll be back on the field or court. Call us today to schedule an appointment and consultation.
Our Physicians and Surgeons
Stuart Wakatsuki, M.D.
Practice focus: Sports Medicine, Foot and Ankle Surgery
High School: Punahou High School, 1983
College: University of California, San Diego, B.A., 1987
Medical School: St. Louis University School of Medicine, MD, 1991
- University of California, Davis Medical Center (General Surgery), 1992
- University of Missouri, Kansas City (Orthopaedic Surgery), 1996
- Allegheny University, Philadelphia (Foot and Ankle Surgery), 1997
- Windward Orthopaedic Group, Partner, 1997 - present
- Kaneohe State Hospital, Consulting Physician, 1997 - present
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hawaii Orthopaedic Association
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Secretary/Treasurer, Hawaii Orthopaedic Association, 2000
- Vice President, Hawaii Orthopaedic Association, 2001
- President, Hawaii Orthopaedic Association, 2002
- Chairman, Dept. of Emergency Medicine, Castle Medical Center, 2000 and 01
- Chairman, Credentials Committee, Castle Medical Center, 2007 and 08
- Chairman, Dept. of Surgery, Castle Medical Center, 2009-present
- Young Board Member, Western Orthopaedic Assoc., 2004 and 05
- Board of Directors, Windward Surgery Center, 2008 - present
- Assistant Clinical Professor, U. of Hawaii Orthopaedic ResidencyTraining Program, 1998 ? present
- Volunteer Physician, Kailua High School, 1997 - present
- Assistant Varsity Baseball Coach, Maryknoll High School, 2004 and 2005
- Attending sporting events
- Spending time with wife and kids
Kevin H. Higashigawa, MD
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Reconstructive Surgery
- Arthroscopic Knee Reconstructive Surgery
- University of California at Los Angeles
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery, 2009- 2010
- University of Hawaii, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, 2003-2009
- John A. Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, MD 1999-2003
- University of California at Berkeley, Business Administration, BS 1991-1995
- Iolani School c/o 1991
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Medical School Honor Society
- Frank and Mary McDowell Award for Surgery
- Graduated from UC Berkeley with Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Honor Society
If you are seeing Dr. Higashigawa, please print and fill out the following forms for your next appointment:
Contact Us !
Call Us For
Call Us Today! 808-235-6474 (Kaneohe) or 808-261-4658 (Kailua).
Why Choose Us?
- Highly Experienced, Nationally Known Surgeons
- Physicians Support Community By Volunteering For Local High Schools
- Full-Service Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2 Convenient Locations On Oahu